OUr Community Thanks You…
Thank you for awarding HNS a $10,000 Seed Grant this year. Your support has engaged us in a deepening of connection with our land and our community to bring about a clear and unified vision, in the form of a whole site design plan. I put together this landing page in an effort to share a clear and simple version of what has been a very deep process for us. You can get both a quick snap shot of our process and progress and you can also dig deeper should you like to!
Seed Grant Report
Review Our Process and Progress!
- Community, Orientation, Invitation & Survey
- Community Survey Results (40 participants)
- Site Visit with DEQ –Notes
- Site Visit with USDA rep, Liana May –Notes
- Site Visit with Conservation rep, Kama Ross -Notes
- On Site Design Weekend (20 Participants) –View Plan -View Notes
- Meet & Greet and Q & A with the Neighboring Property Owners.
- Drone Mapping and Baseline Imagery
- Community Design Session, Part 2: (40 participants) -View Invite -View Notes
- Google Earth GPS mapping of points of on site interest, hazards, flora, fauna, water movement, & species movement.
This is our next phase. The Stewardship Council will be tasked with providing the board with seasonal, annual and long term strategic plans. Upon approval from the board, the Development Committee is tasked with raising the funds needed for implementation.
The Stewardship Council will work with and communicate with caretakers, programs staff, farmers, participants and allied organizations to maintain implementations.
6. Evaluate and adjust
The Stewardship Council will coordinate and work with caretakers, programs staff, farmers, participants and allied organizations to evaluate and adjust their seasonal, annual and long term strategic plans, to be approved by the board.